As soon as I got back, we took her to the vet and had her hospitalized for 2 nights. Dr. Ramos seems to think she was simply depressed and her immune system failed to keep her healthy. I certainly hope that's the case. I took her to Colin and my apartment yesterday and will hang onto her until her antibiotics are finished and we see some meat on her bones. Poor baby...
...she's still as sweet as ever.
Please keep yourselves informed of other sato-related happenings on this island, i.e. the recent decision to carry out the "beach adoption" of Dead Dog Beach in Yabucoa. I am hoping to take a week off from Los Machos rescuing to help out with the efforts to scoop up the remaining satos from Yabucoa. The rumor is that other beaches are in danger of similar actions by local governments. Check out Ginny's (from Manos por Patas) blog entry: