Sunday, June 22, 2008

Almost there!!!

Well, on Wednesday, I posted an urgent need for donations toward a plane ticket that would allow 14-17 dogs to fly to St. Hubert's Animal Welfare Center in New Jersey, with me as the flyer. I was overwhelmed, in a good way, with the immediate responses from our beloved volunteers and donors, Jessica Bengels, Christine Bengivenga (Rocco's, of LMBP, mom), and Jamie Sherr. Because of these three rockstars, we only need $100 to cover the remaining balance of the plane ticket.

I have already booked the ticket for July 1, and am looking forward to spending a day at St. Hubert's on July 2 so that I can understand, in vivo, how this animal welfare center from the heavens works.

Blondie, in her famous "jailed sato" photo above taken by Liz, began her "special" chemotherapy to rid her of her growing sarcoma. I will find out on Tuesday (possibly tomorrow) how it went, or at least get an update on how she is doing.

More news soon to come,
Shanti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

one word...YIPPEE!